In this section, you will find fact sheets about the upper secondary level of education.
In Denmark, upper secondary education divides into:
- general education qualifying for access to higher education and
- vocational or technical education qualifying primarily for access to the labour market.
It normally caters for the 16-19-year-olds and comprises
- the Higher General Examination Programme (stx)
- the Higher Preparatory Examination (hf)
- the Higher Commercial Examination (hhx)
- the Higher Technical Examination (htx)
- the vocational education and training programmes
- the basic social and health training programmes etc.
Furthermore, in this section, you will find facts on the following:
- Production schools
- Basic vocational education and training (EGU)
- Initial vocational education and training programmes (pdf)
- The use of information and communication technologies. This includes facts on the use of the internet in examinations.